Physical education is an important and vital part of the high school curriculum. It has many benefits for students which if applied properly and consistently can help enhance their everyday lives:
Regularly performed moderate exercise can:
In order to achieve these lofty goals the Physical Education curriculum is divided into four main sub-headings. These include:
1. Personal and Social Responsibility – where the goals of developing positive attitudes regarding sportsmanship, conflict resolution, tolerance, preparedness, and leadership are stressed.
2. Movement – where students learn spatial awareness and how to control the movement of their bodies in a variety of environments.
3. Active Living – where students acquire and develop the knowledge necessary to participate in a variety of activities that can be continued for a lifetime.
4. Personal Health Related Fitness – where students gain an understanding of how their bodies work and what is required in order to live a healthy, active life.
* The Britannia Physical Education Department endeavors to expose all students to a variety of activities in the hopes that two or three, at the least, will be incorporated into students lives over the long term. Britannia's physical education courses are listed in the Britannia Course Calendar.
BE PROACTIVE - STAY ACTIVE!